Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pitfalls and the Long Haul

So I might have already broken New Years Resolutions 1-3. I have been active and done something every day but not for 30 minutes. I have had 1-3 sugary things almost every day and I bought 6 new books since I said I wouldn't. So now it's time to revamp.
1.)No sugary things except on Wed. (movie and dinner night with friends). 
2.) Make yourself do something active every day. 30 mins. min.

3.) No more books until all are read.

I think No. 3 will be easier now due to the fact my fiancee and I are actively searching for a house. We have said we are going to save up and have a 20% downpayment on the house. I have to keep that in mind.

With the wedding coming up No. 1 and 2 should be easier as well. I just need to get rubber bands and every time I get the urge to eat sugar..snap the rubber band and go get a drink of water. Cues are great and I know this has worked before when I stopped biting my nails (which thinking about it should be No. 4: Again, stop biting nails).

Only 156 days until my wedding. Oh, I am getting impacient. But as a friend reminded me today, I need to enjoy everyday and not look forward so much. Time passes either way and I should enjoy right now as much as the future. For one day the future will be the present and if I'm trained to look forward I will not enjoy the major events  in my life.

Oh bright sunshine, I love you. Happy times. Despite pitfalls with resolutions and the long haul til the wedding (And house), I love me and I love today. Happy January 6th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment