Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Wheel Turns

The year ages and soon the days will be equal with light and dark. The birth of the sun will give all hope that the spring will be near. The light will start to linger longer before he sets in the west. Yule is upon us, rejoice!

Our first snow fell last night and within six minutes of being awake and out of bed, I was out side playing. A snow angel was made and snow fights ensued. Now the neighbors are awake and the landlord is moving snow. The clean, pristine snow land I woke up too is no more. The tree in front of my apartment is nearly undisturbed. I feel that I should name the maple in the front yard. I sit and look upon the maple every day. He bore beautiful golden leaves this fall and I did not take a picture, I regret my laziness at capturing the beauty of autumn.



I hope people say home or spend the day with friends and family. Today is not the day to spend shopping, but a day to be happy for who you are with. I am missing my alumni track meet today because of the holiday shopping season. I was angry but I understand sacrifices must be made for others to have a good day. I hope UW-Platteville Track members and alumni have a good day. I am reliving the old days...









Go Runners!!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this Entry. :) You were sorely missed at Alumni! Hopefully you can come next year? I'm also sure I'll see you over holiday break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to meet over the holiday break!!

    I wish you the best of luck for finals! Safe travels home!!

    ReplyDelete